With schools closing, many parents are left with one or more children to care for while working from home.
In this complicated period where the youngest don’t always understand what is happening, we offer 5 fun and original activities to keep your children busy at home.
Les petits m’o: This site created by the Musée d’Orsay and Musée de l’Orangerie (museums in Paris) is specially designed for children.
In the program :
- An interactive map to find the works of the museums hidden in two Parisian districts with the help of two mascots
- Explanations on museum masterpieces, stories related to paintings
- Imaginary walks: Pretty stories inspired by paintings from the Orsay museum told in the form of podcasts
At Kidiwi, we follow the Yuka seasonal fruit and vegetable calendar closely.
The star of the month for March is the Kiwi. Champion of vitamin C, 2 kiwis can cover 100% of daily vitamin C needs in adults, just that!
We therefore offer you a recipe for Kiwi cake, super simple to make with children in 30 minutes, watch in hand.
For 4 people, you will need:
- 3 fairly ripe kiwis
- Brown sugar
- 65g of melted butter
- 65g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80g of flour
- 1.3 small yoghurt
- a teaspoon of yeast
- 2/3 teaspoons of liquid vanilla
- Wash hands !
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into small cubes. Reserve a few slices for decoration. Sprinkle with brown sugar and mix gently; set aside time to prepare the dough.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar with a mixer until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the 2 whole eggs, one by one, mixing well between each egg. Add the yoghurt and mix again.
- Pour in the flour, yeast and liquid vanilla and stir to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Add the kiwis and mix gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the preparation into a baking dish. Butter and flour depending on the type of dish used.
- Put in a hot oven, 210 ° C (Th 7) for 20 to 25 min, the knife blade should come out clean.
- Let the kids deploy their creativity to decorate the cake
Many of you do school at home during this complicated time but not being a teacher, it is not always easy to keep the attention of children.
Several online platforms now allow you to learn while having fun, something to keep children occupied during your calls.
Réseau Canopé : Discover more than 400 animated films to learn in a fun way, the basic concepts of elementary school.
Le jardin de Kiran: This site offers resources for the accompaniment of childhood according to the Montessori pedagogy.
Hundreds of media can be downloaded for free without registration
Your kids love to invent a thousand and one magic potions and have the ability to create a whole universe with three pieces of string, a cardboard and imagination.
How to make Natural plasticine : To make them recreate their favorite material in a healthy and simple way (via @maman_happycultrice)
Magic fingers trick : A great way to explain to children why it is important to wash your hands well, in a fun way and funny way (via @mothercould)
The current climate in the country affects your children, even if they do not always understand what is happening.They need to work out and unless you have a garden, it is complicated to maintain a sporting activity.
We therefore advise you to start yoga as a family (yes yes). It’s a fun activity that will allow kids to channel their energy. Contrary to popular belief, there is no age to practice. We just need to adapt our postures from old to young.
Here’s a video tutorial from Elle Magazine especially made for kids, a great support to introduce your kids to yoga
Turn subtitles on :)